LONDON — MARCH 2, 2017 — Mooreland Partners is pleased to announce the release of its latest Global Technology M&A Report which covers key deal trends, as well as technology acquiror and seller dynamics across all geographies.
Major highlights of the latest Global Technology M&A Report include:
- The technology M&A market remains robust based on historical transaction volumes, although 2016 saw less activity than 2015 which was the all-time high
- Europe and Israel remain the most open destinations for acquirors in the technology industry. Conversely, the US, India, China and Japan remain predominantly domestic M&A markets
- Whilst US acquirors dominate the cross-border M&A flow, their share declined markedly in 2016. Acquirors from China, UK, Nordics and Switzerland gained share
- The transatlantic deal flow continues to dominate cross-border M&A in the technology industry
- New logos appeared in the top 10 acquiror list – Dentsu, IBM, GE, Salesforce and Verizon all executed 9 or more transactions during 2016
- Private Equity is now driving one-third of all acquisitions in the technology industry, with North American funds being more active with the bolt-on acquisition strategy
Outlook for 2017: reinvigorated activity from US-based strategic acquirors, plus continued Private Equity fund activity, in particular through bolt-on acquisitions.